Download this video for viewing in HD on your smartphone or computer.
Click Here to Download High-Quality HD video to your Smartphone or Computer.
For this week’s HTC One ROM of the Week, check out latest LiquidSmooth ROM v3.2. Couple months back, we featured LiquidSmooth ROM v3.1. Well, the latest version is better than ever, with a modded Liquid launcher that has Android L styled navigation buttons.
For HTC One M8, you will also find a slew of great LiquidSmooth customization/features along with overclocking support up to 2.88Ghz! But I recommend overclocking only if you need the extra performance for graphic-intensive apps/games and stay around 2.726Ghz.
For customization, LiquidSmooth ROM offers one of the best customization options through its LiquidSmooth settings (in Settings). You will be able to customize everything from your lockscreen, status bar, navigation bar, CPU, and much more.
Navigation custom setttings are my favorite part of the ROM, you have many choices including App circle sidebar, Gesture anywhere (shortcuts using gestures), PIE Controls (two PIE controls on-board), and customization offered for your soft buttons plus navigation rings. By using your navigation options carefully, you will be able to maximize efficiency of your phone while on the go.
In this iteration of v3.2, LiquidSmooth Team has also revamped the whole settings menu, making it easier for you to customize every part of your HTC One. Overall, I do like the super-fast UI and flawless Android 4.4.4 experience on LiquidSmooth ROM so definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download LiquidSmooth ROM (for both M7/M8)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (I recommend using micro as you get two cameras. (AOSP + Google Camera)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install HighOnAndroid Conversion Kit (If you want OnePlus One camera, theme, AudioFX/Screencast apps), and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
(First time installing custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on HTC One first!)
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: My 64GB SD card does not work!
A: AOSP ROMs (What is AOSP?) do not support beyond 32GB of microSD external storage.
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Want to stay updated on latest HTC One Root news?
Sign up for our HTC One Root Newsletter here so you get ROM of the week and more! HTC One Reference
You will need a rooted HTC One to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: THE AUTHOR OF THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE, PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS TWICE BEFORE TRYING IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME TO ROOTING AND CUSTOM ROMS!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs?
Please see our HTC One Root FAQ FIRST!!!