Download this video for viewing in HD on your smartphone or computer.
Click Here to Download High-Quality HD video to your Smartphone or Computer.
Both HTC One M7 and M8 have pretty stable CM12 ROM builds (in my opinion) with everything working out of the box, which means you can enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop today. Of course, there will also be Sense and GPE (Google Play Edition) of Lollipop (that we will post soon) but in the meanwhile, check out CM12 as it’s solid as a 747.
With CM12 ROM, your HTC One will be much faster than before as Lollipop brings performance improvements of 20-30% over KitKat. Also for HTC One, CM12 has everything working out of the box including full 1080P video support for both front/back camera (while many other Android phones don’t).
CM12 ROM also packs CyanogenMod’s own launcher, which is my favorite since it allows you to customize with condensed setting (for adding more apps to home screen) although you could also install Nova launcher.
Overall, CM12 ROM is still supposedly “beta” but I have been daily drivin’ it fine for many days without problems. So, definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download SuperSU v2.30 (You MUST use this version to get full root!)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install SuperSU, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
(First time installing custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on HTC One first!)
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: My 64GB SD card does not work!
A: AOSP ROMs (What is AOSP?) do not support beyond 32GB of microSD external storage.
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Want to stay updated on latest HTC One Root news?
Sign up for our HTC One Root Newsletter here so you get ROM of the week and more! HTC One Reference
You will need a rooted HTC One to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: THE AUTHOR OF THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE, PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS TWICE BEFORE TRYING IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME TO ROOTING AND CUSTOM ROMS!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs?
Please see our HTC One Root FAQ FIRST!!!